Thursday, July 30, 2009

Great Book : Go Away Big Green Monster

I wanted to share a really great book with everyone that my Toddler Class really loves. We read it at least three times a week, if not more.

Go Away Big Green Monster!
by Ed Emberley

This book is very colorful, not too long, and very engaging! It begins on a black page with holes cut out and "Two Big Yellow Eyes" looking at you...

As you flip the pages the monster gets all of his parts like his nose, ears and hair. It's really fun to read this book dramatically and get loud. As my class listens to the story I ask them where their nose, ears and hair are. It's fun for the kids to see that the monster is like us.

When the monster is all put together and he is just about as frightening as he can be...
We tell him, "You don't scare me! Go Away!"

And the parts of the monster's face disappear with every turn of the page. The children really like telling the monster to go away. We use this saying whenever we get scared at preschool; a spider crawling on the slide outside, a loud garbage truck on the street next to our play yard... "You don't scare me garbage truck! Go away!" If I had to say what book is the favorite of my preschool class, I would say it's this one.

On Amazon.com it looks like it usually sells for $10.99 new, but it's on SALE! for $8.46 new. It is hardcover so this is a great deal! I promise you will read this one over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment